Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Reason to Celebrate...

Scott says I remember the most random things and make a big deal out of everything.... He is probably right. However this weekend was definitely a reason to celebrate - it was the 5 year anniversary of our son, Hunter, coming to live with us in foster care. As the whole point of Foster Care is reunification, we did not know how long Hunter would be with us; but, we knew he stole our hearts from the start. I remember the moment he came and holding him close. I can still feel his fingers wrapped around my finger as I fed him his bottles and the way he instantly connected to Scott and Scott to him. I remember the smile he gave when Eli got home from his dad's.

Since that day 5 years ago, we have grown and learned so much as a family, but one thing remains constant... Every day with Hunter has been a blessing and we are so happy God helped us find each other.

Happy Anniversary Hunter Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment